We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We redesigned the banking experience to be simple, fast and contemporary. Founded in 2013 by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal, N26 has over 500 employees and 2 million customers in 24 countries. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test to work with our engineering teams and encourage them to design and implement tests in an meaningful way by providing the right ideas, frameworks, and infrastructure. Our engineering teams iterate rapidly, deploy code many times during the day and stay confident that test infrastructure will provide quick feedback on issues introduced. In this role, you will be part of a backend engineering team that create and maintain our backend API and services.
Once You're Here You Will
- Work closely to our Software engineers, Quality engineers and SRE to improve and automate tests and deployment processes.
- Design and build advanced automated checking frameworks.
- Ensure we create products our customers love by testing them in the most meaningful way.
- Contribute to our product quality by setting examples of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Be responsible to achieve a continuous deployment and integration of high quality software for our Backend infrastructure.
- Work closely with the engineering teams to ensure that designed architecture is testable
- Implement mocks and stubs to ensure our automation processes
What You'll Bring Along
- You are known to find bugs, are communicative and passionate about great technology.
You have advanced knowledge and experience of Java 8 or Node.js technologies.
- Knowledge of Spring Boot, Hibernate, Docker, SQL and security methodologies is a big plus.
You are familiar with contract-based testing, API automated checking, etc.
- You are passionate about test infrastructure and CI/CD
- Experience with container orchestration and technologies like HashiCorp or Kubernetes is a plus
- Analytical and creative approach and a quick comprehension of new tasks, quality consciousness, persistence and accuracy
- Demonstrated capability and motivation to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding start-up environment
- Language skills: English full professional proficiency
What We Offer
- Working with diverse, highly engaged peers
- Opportunities to work abroad in Berlin and Barcelona as part of an international team
- Freedom to prototype and autonomy to make decisions on technology choices
- Getting things done attitude
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Self-improvement budget to spend on attending conferences, taking courses, and purchasing books
- Interesting technical problems to solve as we scale
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.