We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We redesigned the banking experience to be simple, fast and contemporary. Founded in 2013 by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal, N26 has over 500 employees and over 1.5 million customers in 18 countries. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
N26 Inc. is looking to build out our security and technical operations team in NYC. As an early hire, you will be directly responsible for defining and implementing security programs and practices to support a growing, global fintech company. Working closely with your counterparts in Berlin and Barcelona, you will focus primarily on concerns for our impending U.S. launch - in particular, partnering in the oversight of our InfoSec compliance programs. We also aspire to build best practices that apply to all global regions and set a precedent for an exceptional security posture throughout our future global expansion.
What You'll Be Doing
- Active and automated security testing - to strengthen our internal and external applications and services. Use system engineering to architect and build out solutions that extend the state of the art for cloud-native infrastructure. Build software tools to integrate and automate security as part of our SDLC. Advise and train your colleagues in the engineering organization on emerging threats and updated best practices for developing secure microservices.
- Define, Build, and Implement Security Programs - building a strong, local InfoSec program is integral to launching in the U.S. You will participate in the oversight and implementation of these programs such as conducting third-party due diligence to assess security risks. In the event of an incident, you’ll conduct forensics to piece together the probability and extent of a breach. You’ll also perform regular trainings, audits, and reviews as maintained by our compliance standards.
- Technical Operations - You’ll lay the groundwork for our office networks, asset inventory, and software access management. As the US representative for TechOps, you’ll work with the people team in the onboarding (and potential offboarding) of employees hardware and software access.
- Software and Systems Engineering - as a key member of the engineering organization, you will advise the backend teams on security-first software and systems development practices. During regular code reviews, your participation with an eye towards security design and thread modeling will catch potential flaws before they are released into production. Our understanding of secure microservice architectures is continuously enhanced by your proactive research into new attack vectors
Our Preferred Background
- Be passionate about information security
Deep technical knowledge in:
- Cloud and network security
- Web application security
- Mobile security
- Strong understanding of microservice architecture and working with scalable software.
- Software engineering experience in at least one of the following languages: Java, Kotlin, Go, Python.
- Has a knack for finding flaws in software and can effectively communicate how to fix them
- Familiarity with fuzzing as a way to find bugs
- Strong knowledge of secure coding best practices, the OWASP top 10
- Correctly balance security risk and product advancement
- Adversarial thinking and loves fighting the bad guys
- Ability to be hands-on and drive solutions to completion.
- Has Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field / equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
What We Offer
- Working with diverse, highly engaged peers
- Opportunities to work abroad in Berlin and Barcelona as part of an international team
- Freedom to prototype and autonomy to make decisions on technology choices
- A "get-things-done" attitude
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Self-improvement budget to spend on attending conferences, taking courses, and purchasing books
- Interesting technical problems to solve as we scale
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.