We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is a mobile bank that the world loves to use. We have over 2 million customers across 22 markets who generate over €1.5 billion in monthly transaction volume. Our team of over 500 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. With our full banking license, state-of-the-art technology and no branch network, N26 is redesigning banking for the 21st century. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK. N26 has announced to enter the US market in early 2019 where it will operate via its wholly owned subsidiary N26 Inc. based in New York. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $215 million from investors including Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once Here You Will :
- Work with the software engineering management team to continuously identify and learn from our deliveries on how to further improve our effectiveness. Help in building the leadership team and strengthen our data-driven decision-making processes. In this role, you will:
- Drive positive changes in the efficiency of the software engineering organization, overseen by the director of software engineering
- Focus on organizational effectiveness & communication
- Oversee project management and support strategic internal software engineering initiatives
- Prepare various analyses and reports, presentations, spreadsheets, to support fact-based situational awareness and decision-making within the software engineering department
- Supporting the continuous improvement in the effectiveness of engineering work, build up internal support resources
- Work with development process planning and tracking tools for resources, tasks, and quality, to ensure easy accessibility and transparency of the information
- Support structuring effective internal and external communication channels across software engineering groups and locations
What You'll Bring Along :
- Strong ability to aggregate complex project information to provide a clear overview
- Experience with agile ways of working, across many methodologies
- Experience in coaching and building up teams’ ways of working
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a software development organization.
- Passionate about people, and improving the environment in which they work
- Demonstrated project management experience and skills
- Language skills: English professional proficiency
What We Offer :
- Work alongside a CTO who has 15 years of Agile software development experience and a strong commitment to employee empowerment and diversity
- Create the environment and process that enables highly effective teams to deliver the best that they can
- Professional Development Budget of 1500 EUR/year
- 24 days of paid vacation
- Flexible working hours and a special attention to work-life balance
- Fixed and fair salary ranges instead of individual negotiation
- Work in a startup with a growing customer base and an exciting product roadmap
- A friendly team of colleagues of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses
- High degree of autonomy in a strong collaborative environment
- A work environment day to day communication in English
- A company committed to championing diversity and inclusion, and supporting colleagues regardless of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, ethnic or national origin
- A wide range of employee benefits including a premium bank account, sports clubs and German courses
- The ability to take part in our Get Stuff Done Days (2 free days every 6 weeks to focus on what you want to focus on)
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.