We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have over 1.5 million customers across 22 markets. Our team of over 500 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $215 million from investors including Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Team at N26 is part of the System Engineering Group (which also includes the Security Team). In their day-to-day work, the SRE Team interact with a variety of stakeholders; most notably, developers from product teams, the N26 Bank entity and TechOps (OfficeIT).
Once here you will
- Manage planning and reviews sessions and create roadmaps
- Maintain and refine the backlog
- Set (weekly) sprint goals
- Manage and prioritize incoming requests from different stakeholders
- Define, report and maintain SLAs
- Take over the overall incident management process
- Create/refine processes
- Promote a product-oriented mindset within the SRE Team
- Cultivate agile values and continuous improvement to ways of working
- Find creative ways for changing the mindset from reactivity to planning
- Develop a thorough understanding of technical issues
- Enable continuous improvement during projects, ensuring learnings are documented and shared with other tech teams
- Manage stakeholders effectively
- Continuously improve the cooperation of the SRE and development teams
What you will bring along
- Technical background in the field of software engineering/product management
- Good understanding of microservice architecture and continuous deployment and delivery
- Deep familiarity with the software development life cycle
- Solid educational background or practical experience in a similar role is critical
- Sound knowledge of Agile methodology
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking, as we grow fast and changes come up frequently
- Knowledge of the products we offer and passion for N26
- Experience managing a portfolio of projects designed to establish process and mitigate fraud, and user risk
- Experience working with engineering managers, product owners and developers
- Experience with CI/CD, cloud computing, containerization, orchestration
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Exciting challenges
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.