We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We redesigned the banking experience to be simple, fast and contemporary. Founded in 2013 by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal, N26 has over 500 employees and over 1.5 million customers in 18 countries. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
Once here you will
- Have a crucial role in the team that is responsible for maintaining all databases at N26
- Determine best practices for making databases reliable, performant and scalable, as well as working with Backend teams to implement them
- Educate developers and engineers about the best practices in clean database design
- Perform audits of existing databases, figure out possible improvements and ways to implement them efficiently
What you will bring along
- Exceptional knowledge of PostgreSQL and its administration
- Experience of maintaining and scaling at least dozens or hundreds of busy production databases.
- Knowledge of MySQL or NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Couchbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.) is a plus
- Detective-level attention to detail and self-discipline that others would admire
- Language skills: English full professional proficiency
- Excitement to work with cutting-edge technology, take chances, experiment and discover new and more efficient ways to get things done
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Exciting challenges
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.