We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is a mobile bank that the world loves to use. We have 2 million customers across 24 markets who generate over €1.5 billion in monthly transaction volume. Our team of over 500 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. With our full banking license, state-of-the-art technology and no branch network, N26 is redesigning banking for the 21st century. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK. N26 has announced to enter the US market in early 2019 where it will operate via its wholly owned subsidiary N26 Inc. based in New York. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $215 million from investors including Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once Here You Will
- Lead design strategy for several work-streams within one of the company’s most meaningful pillars
- Steer and lead the Product Design team, collaborating with other designers to make their work and the whole team better
- Support and lead your product team by applying your craft: conceptual design, research, prototyping, detailed design, usability testing and implementation
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Mentor and inspire designers, give and solicit feedback in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Leading the hiring process influence major decisions
What You'll Bring Along
- 7+ years experience as product designer in an experience-led team
- You have a long track record of applying research insights to design
- Strong understanding of product owner needs
- Confidence and passion to be an excellent communicator
- Your own ideas and dreams of banking in the future
- Strong sense for details and when to take care of them
- Strong portfolio that showcases your skills
- Good storytelling and presentation experience
- History of self-initiated projects
What We Offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team
- Individual Professional Development Budget
- Your choice of a new Mac or Windows laptop
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Probably the best cup of coffee in the neighbourhood
Learn more about the Design Culture at N26 from our Head of Design, Christian Hertlein.
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.