We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We redesigned the banking experience to be simple, fast and contemporary. Founded in 2013 by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal, N26 has over 500 employees and over 1.5 million customers in 18 countries. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
N26 is a pioneering the combination of modern software development and the banking industry. As one of the first banks completely hosted in the cloud, our security, resilience and productivity standards require a motivated and well balanced SRE team.
We are using a modern technology stack to match our principles when it comes to providing the framework for our development team, the company and our customers. DevSecOps culture is part of our values and we continuously try to improve our approach to system architecture and administration in a fully automated cloud infrastructure. Increasing the productivity of our development teams makes us proud. Leading blameless postmortems helps us to improve N26 and our cutting edge monitoring stack enables us to proactively identify potential outages.
What You'll Be Doing
This job is for people who never stop learning and improving, engineers with an open mind and an interest in providing a bleeding-edge infrastructure. You will work closely with our security teams who are specialized in defense and penetration testing. Synergies between our core teams are wanted and supported on all levels.
Establish a shared team Technical Vision which is aligned with the product roadmap that results in big outcomes for our customers. Shepherd the team towards the Technical Vision in small increments by improving our modern infrastructure and deployment platform that currently enables over 100 deploys a week. Ensure that the system architecture satisfies the needs of all business and technical stakeholders and key system quality attributes. Grow architectural understanding and champion system design within the team. Establish best practices for system automation, administration, observability and health. Expand our use of emerging technologies like container orchestration, service mesh, and distributed tracing.
You will champion knowledge sharing, cultivate learning and avoid knowledge silos in the team. Be involved in recruitment and employer brand projects to help make our engineering team stronger. Lead initiatives to improve our company-wide engineering culture.
What You'll Bring Along
- Experience with at least one glue language (Python or Go preferred)
- Experience with modern engineering practices such as infrastructure as code, cattle not pets and resilient architecture
- Your brain runs Linux
- <3 for the cloud while knowing limitations and advantages
- Strong interest in security related topics
- CI/CD is your second name
- Working knowledge of protocols and standards like TCP, HTTP, UDP, DNS, TLS (you also know where they are in the OSI model)
- Ability to identify repeatable processes and automate them quickly
Big pluses for
- Experience with cloud computing
- You already designed, analyzed and troubleshooted large-scale distributed systems
We are looking for junior, mid, senior and lead-level SRE engineers.
What We Offer
- High degree of autonomy
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Working with diverse, highly engaged peers
- Opportunities to work abroad in Berlin and Barcelona as part of an international team
- Freedom to prototype and autonomy to make decisions on technology choices
- Getting things done attitude
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Self-improvement budget to spend on attending conferences, taking courses, and purchasing books
- Interesting technical problems to solve as we scale
- Take a peek inside our New York Office, and learn more about our culture and opportunities on The Muse.
Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.