We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We redesigned the banking experience to be simple, fast and contemporary. Founded in 2013 by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal, N26 has more than 430 employees and more than 1 million customers in 17 countries. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
Once here, you will...
- Build, develop and lead a high-performing, flexible, digitally-driven controlling team that fosters a culture of financial performance and cost-consciousness across N26 as we scale globally.
- Control budgets across a diverse portfolio of areas, ensuring transparency of costs is championed across the business.
- Partner with our leadership team to plan and drive our yearly budget and closely manage cost spend per team.
- Collaborate with the wider finance team to support our executive team in strategic situations, including corporate strategy, investor relations and fundraising activity.
- Continually identify, design and implement improvement projects to remove inefficiency in our financial processes.
What you’ll bring along...
- Proven track record of success in planning, controlling or accounting leadership, in a high-growth, global environment.
- BA/MA, ideally with an emphasis on controlling or accounting.
- Data is your friend! You leverage accurate, compelling data to inform decisions and influence with key stakeholders.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills, combined with a passion to grow and develop high-performing teams.
- Outstanding communication skills in both English and German
- Curiousity. You closely track innovation trends in the industry and put into action how these can be implemented at N26. Your team should be a reflection of you: modern, digital and innovative.
These would also be nice to have...
- Excellent knowledge of German HGB and IFRS.
- Previous experience in financial institutions or start-up.
- Previous exposure/involvement in corporate finance projects: M&A, organic investments or bringing a company public.
What we offer...
- Working with international, highly engaged peers.
- Getting things done attitude.
- Flat hierarchy and open communication.
- The opportunity to be a part of the digital banking revolution.
- Make the role your own - you're the first one to do it!
- Personalized onboarding.
- Interesting organisational challenges as we scale globally, and you scale your own team.
- Form a part of our finance leadership team.
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website.