We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is a mobile bank that the world loves to use. We have over 2 million customers across 24 markets who generate over €1.5 billion in monthly transaction volume. Our team of over 500 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. With our full banking license, state-of-the-art technology and no branch network, N26 is redesigning banking for the 21st century. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK. N26 has announced to enter the US market in early 2019 where it will operate via its wholly owned subsidiary N26 Inc. based in New York. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $215 million from investors including Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once Here You Will
Lead one of our software engineering cross functional groups to continuously identify and learn from our deliveries on how to further improve our effectiveness. Forming a leadership team with the group product manager and principal engineer alongside other roles such as agile coach, to bring our products to life. In this role, you will:
- Support, invest in and develop an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with clear expectations via practices such as 1:1s, goal setting, and constant feedback.
- Work with the product manager and principal engineer to recruit, manage and retain talent.
- Create growth opportunities for team members and address gaps via non-technical skills mentoring and performance management. Help make our people shine!
- Create a high performing and positive work environment based on transparency, accountability, and trust.
- Collaborate with the product manager and principal engineer in project planning, dependency management, risk management and continuous process improvement for an optimal flow of value for customers and the business (with an appropriate use of metrics).
- Connect with management and other teams to unblock dependencies, provide visibility and transparency to team progress on product initiatives
What You'll Bring Along
- Experience growing, coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to team members including having had difficult conversations
- Experience building and working in high-performance Agile software development teams (experience writing software (tech stack here) is helpful )
- Experience in building processes and organizational structures to support highly effective teams.
- Passionate about people, and improving the environment in which they work
- Demonstrated project management experience and skills
- Language skills: English professional proficiency (B2-C1 level)
What We Offer
- Work alongside a CTO who has 15 years of Agile software development experience and a strong commitment to employee empowerment and diversity
- Create the environment and process that enables highly effective teams to deliver the best that they can via your leadership
- Individual Professional Development Budget of 1500 EUR/year
- 24 days of paid vacation
- Flexible working hours and a special attention to work-life balance
- Fixed and fair salary ranges instead of individual negotiation
- Work in a startup with a growing customer base and an exciting product roadmap
- A friendly team of colleagues of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses
- High degree of autonomy in a strong collaborative environment
- Our work environment day to day communication is in English
- A wide range of employee benefits including a premium bank account, sports clubs and more.
- The ability to take part in our Get Stuff Done Days (2 free days every 6 weeks to focus on what you want to focus on)
- Work together with such great people like Sarah, read more about it in the article [LINK]
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.