We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
N26 aims to build the most reliable customer service in banking globally. Great customer care will soon be one of the central pillars of the N26 value proposition. We are looking for a senior manager with a start-up mentality to help us achieving this. Due to our rapid growth, we will ramp up our CS staff from around 300 to over 1000 this year, create a global network of contact centers and introduce best-in-class training and customer service experience tools. As Customer Service Manager, you'll lead our European customer operations to the most reliable service center in banking.
What you’ll do:
- As a Customer Service Manage you will manage a team of around 6 Customer Service Teamleads You will be a leader, mentor, coach and colleague to them.
- Working closely with both the Head of Customer Service and the existing team, you will consistently be looking to pass your experience and knowledge onto those more junior managers.
- You will further develop existing structures and processes to improve the alignment and by that ensure a stable high performance of the Teamleader Team.
- Your seniority will be crucial in creating a culture in which both Team Leads and Specialists can flourish, and driving the standards which create this. We will look to you to lead, and to use your innovative and creative nature to improve our daily operations.
- As a data driven professional, you will also always be aware of company, team, and individual KPIs and will use this to drive performance discussions.
- Your extensive experience in people management will ensure you are that you motivate and inspire your team to deliver a best-in class service. You will be comfortable providing honest feedback, and dealing with difficult conversations is the norm for you.
Improve our Service
- As a senior leader, you will be able to see beyond the day to day operations of the business and look at our overall service.
- Whether it is reviewing how we deliver our service to new territories, or how we make ourselves more accessible and flexible for our customers - your input will be key.
- You will be the bridge between our frontline interaction, and the rest of the business. Therefore you will have the greatest understanding of what our customers need, and the responsibility to convey this to key stakeholders elsewhere in the business.
What you’ll bring
- We are looking for a senior customer service professional, who has a wealth of experience in people management and the operational business.
- You will be comfortable not only managing the Customer Service Teamleads, but also taking a leading role with stakeholders across the business.
- As a stress resistant and calm character, you will be resilient and appropriate even at the most testing of times. This will be reflected in your team, who like you, will be customer oriented and love tackling issues head on.
- You will be capable of working efficiently and effectively, both in a team and independently.
- Experience of working in a startup or FinTech environment is a plus, but not absolutely essential. Lastly, you will have outstanding communication skills in English and hopefully another major European language.
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team
- Your choice of a new Mac or Windows laptop
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Probably the best cup of coffee in the neighborhood
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon