We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We redesigned the banking experience to be simple, fast and contemporary. Founded in 2013 by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal, N26 has more than 430+ employees and more than 1 million customers in 17 countries. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
There are currently approximately 200 employees in our customer operations department. Our goal is to establish a best-in-class customer operations in the European banking world. The key tasks of operations include the digital verification of our customers, customer services, banking and business operations. We have as well the responsibility for procurement and vendor management across the company. As Head of Procurement, you will lead the way in delivering best-in-class procurement across the company. You will lead a team which support all key negotiations at N26 delivering best value-for-money to our customers.
Once here you will
- Strategically position and drive the N26 procurement process
- Build and lead a procurement function, including contract management
- Negotiate key contracts - both technical and non-technical, this includes payment-related, product-related, IT-related contracts
- Analyse saving potential for across the company and drive procurement related initiatives
- Use your procurement expertise and knowledge to up-skill colleagues and the wider business on negotiation and vendor management
- Support our international expansion in particular to the UK and other European markets
What you will bring along
The ability to think and act strategically with clearly defined business objectives in mind AND an entrepreneurial can-do mind-set with a strong hands-on approach
In-depth knowledge of best-in-class procurement processes - ideally in start-up or entrepreneurial contexts
Knowledge of digital companies and their products, ideally in the area of financial institutions
Outstanding people and business leadership skills, with a strong background of setting up world-class operations
A commercial mindset, excellent negotiation skills and ideally experience with vendor management
Data is your friend! You drive success through analysis and numbers and aren't afraid to use these in making decisions
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with fluency in English, ideally German
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Exciting challenges
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.