We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We redesigned the banking experience to be simple, fast and contemporary. Founded in 2013 by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal, N26 has more than 430+ employees and more than 1 million customers in 17 countries. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
There are currently approximately 200 employees in our customer operations department. Our goal is to establish a best-in-class customer operations in the European banking world. Key tasks of operations include the digital verification of our customers, customer services, banking and business operations. We aim for lightning fast service levels, six sigma type process quality and a truly customer-oriented mindset of our employees. As Head of Customer Operations, you will lead the way in delivering best-in-class customer operations with a focus on digital customer verification, management of our external partners and responsibility for more than 20 in-house colleagues and 50+ external staff.
Once here you will
- Strategically position and drive process excellence within our Customer Operations function with a focus on KYC
- Recruit, develop and lead multiple KYC service teams to drive our talented teams to provide world-class KYC operations
- Performance manage our external partners for our KYC operations, incl. SLA quality and cost management
- Evaluate the possibility of outsourcing new issues on a continuous basis and manage the new demands this places on the service provider
- Contribute to our automation roadmap to improve key operations processes
- Support our continuous performance improvement initiatives and thereby closing the feedback loop between customer services and our product department
- Contribute to our process excellence initiatives by building up and driving in-house process excellency teams
- Depending on your experience, coach younger leadership colleagues in the operations department
- Support our international expansion in particular to the UK and other European markets
What you will bring along
- The ability to think and act strategically with clearly defined business objectives in mind AND an entrepreneurial can-do mindset with a strong hands-on approach
- In-depth knowledge of best-in-class customer operations organizations with a large employee base
- Knowledge of digital companies and their products, ideally in the area of financial institutions
- Outstanding people and business leadership skills, with a strong background of setting up world-class operations
- A commercial mindset, excellent negotiation skills and ideally experience with vendor management
- Data is your friend! You drive success through analysis and numbers and aren't afraid to use these in making decisions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with fluency in English, ideally German
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Exciting challenges as we scale and expand internationally
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.