We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 500 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $215 million from investors including Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once here you will
- Be responsible for establishing a share team technical vision which is aligned with the product roadmap.
- Together with other tech leads, draw out the big picture architectural vision of the product.
- Manage the product technical roadmaps and dependencies to minimise technical debt.
- Grow our passionate engineers through coaching and mentoring and finding new opportunities to learn through the continuous delivery of value.
- We are a going from start-up to scale-up and therefore you will also be required to be hands on involved in recruitment activities and employer branding.
What you will bring along
- You bring significant experience in Java 8 or Kotlin leading a cross-functional team in large-scale production systems.
- You understand that a microservice architecture is not all roses.
- Experience in fostering a culture of modern engineering practices such as clean code, TDD and refactoring.
- Current colleagues would describe you as someone who has a strong background in architecting and developing complex systems for CD in a cloud-based environment.
- You are able to communicate complex technical content to a non-technical audience in English.
What we offer
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Freedom to prototype given the challenges we face
- Getting things done attitude
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Exciting Challenges
- Interesting technical problems to solve as we scale
- Working with engaged, smart engineers
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
Sounds good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.