We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We redesigned the banking experience to be simple, fast and contemporary. Founded in 2013 by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal, N26 has more than 380 employees and more than 1 million customers in 17 countries. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
Lead our SRE team in a trusting, collaborative and highly autonomous environment. Here are some responsibilities we think will help you be successful as a Tech Lead at N26.
Lead an engineering team
Grow an inspiring, inclusive and collaborative environment, working with Product Owners, Engineering Managers and other Tech Leads to plan out new initiatives, managing both technical and non-technical risks. You will champion knowledge sharing, cultivate learning and avoid knowledge silos in the team. Be involved in recruitment and employer brand projects to help make our engineering team stronger. Lead initiatives to improve our company-wide engineering culture. Discover ways to multiply the effectiveness of the team and the organisation.
Cultivate system architecture for a set of product services/applications
Establish a shared team Technical Vision which is aligned with the product roadmap that results in big outcomes for our customers. Shepherd the team towards the Technical Vision in small increments improve our modern infrastructure and deployment platform that currently enables over 100 deploys a week. Ensure that the system architecture satisfies the needs of all business and technical stakeholders and key system quality attributes. Manage technical roadmaps and dependencies to minimise technical debt. Communicate technical topics or constraints to non-technical stakeholders in easily-understandable ways. Grow architectural understanding and champion system design within the team.
Develop both our infrastructure and our engineers
- Demonstrate healthy modern engineering practices through writing clean, well-tested and well-refactored code with the team
- Guide the team to continually improve the infrastructure and tools for our development process to speed up feedback and improve quality.
- Grow our passionate engineers through coaching and mentoring and finding new opportunities to learn through the continuous delivery of value.
- Demonstrate behaviours that encourage the DevSecOps culture and the pragmatic N26 engineering attitude
What You'll Bring Along
What we expect you to have
Software engineering experience in one or more general purpose programming languages Previous experience architecting and developing complex infrastructure in a cloud-based environment. Experience with modern engineering practices such as infrastructure as code, cattle not pet and resilient architecture. Previous experience leading an engineering team as a servant-leader and full English language professional proficiency.
What we hope you to have
- Love for the cloud while being aware of dangers and limitations
- A passion for building a diverse and inclusive environment
- A sense of independence and an ability to establish structures or processes to adapt to a constantly evolving domain and environment
- A passion for tech with very close collaboration with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
What We Offer
High degree of autonomy
Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team
Individual Professional Development Budget
Your choice of a new Mac or Windows laptop
Flat hierarchy and open communication
Newly designed office in Berlin-Mitte
A stack of the most modern technologies
Probably the best cup of coffee in the neighbourhood
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.