We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 500 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $215 million from investors including Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Team at N26 is part of the System Engineering Group (which also includes the Security Team). The SRE Team maintains and develops N26’s virtual infrastructure, ensuring reliability, scalability and adhering to the DevOps philosophy.
In their day-to-day work, the SRE Team interacts with a variety of stakeholders; most notably, engineers from product teams, the N26 Bank entity and TechOps (OfficeIT).
Once here you will
Lead an engineering team
- Lead our SRE team in a trusting, collaborative and highly autonomous environment
- Grow an inspiring, inclusive and collaborative environment, working with Product Owners, Engineering Managers and other Tech Leads to plan out new initiatives, managing both technical and non-technical risks
- Champion knowledge sharing, cultivate learning and avoid knowledge silos in the team
- Be involved in recruitment and employer brand projects to help make our engineering team stronger
- Lead initiatives to improve our company-wide engineering culture
- Discover ways to multiply the effectiveness of the team and the organisation
Cultivate system architecture for a set of product services/applications
- Establish a shared team Technical Vision which is aligned with the product roadmap that results in big outcomes for our customers
- Shepherd the team towards the Technical Vision in small increments improve our modern infrastructure and deployment platform that currently enables over 100 deploys a week
- Ensure that the system architecture satisfies the needs of all business and technical stakeholders and key system quality attributes
- Manage technical roadmaps and dependencies to minimise technical debt
- Communicate technical topics or constraints to non-technical stakeholders in easily-understandable ways
- Grow architectural understanding and champion system design within the team
Develop both our infrastructure and our engineers
- Demonstrate healthy modern engineering practices through writing clean, well-tested and well-refactored code with the team
- Guide the team to continually improve the infrastructure and tools for our development process to speed up feedback and improve quality.
- Grow our passionate engineers through coaching and mentoring and finding new opportunities to learn through the continuous delivery of value.
- Demonstrate behaviours that encourage the DevSecOps culture and the pragmatic N26 engineering attitude
What you'll bring along
- Software engineering experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Previous experience architecting and developing complex infrastructure in a cloud-based environment
- Experience with modern engineering practices such as infrastructure as code, cattle not pet and resilient architecture
- Previous experience leading an engineering team as a servant-leader and full English language professional proficiency
Nice to have
- Love for the Cloud while being aware of dangers and limitations
- A passion for building a diverse and inclusive environment
- A sense of independence and an ability to establish structures or processes to adapt to a constantly evolving domain and environment
- A passion for tech with very close collaboration with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
What We Offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Exciting challenges
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.