We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We redesigned the banking experience to be simple, fast and contemporary. Founded in 2013 by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal, N26 has more than 430+ employees and more than 1 million customers in 17 countries. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
Once here you will
- Coach, develop and grow the architectural skills and technical agile practices of the organisation (e.g developer excellence in continuous delivery, TDD, refactoring and clean code)
- As part of our technical leadership team, you'll collaborate to hire and onboard top talent, build the engineering culture of N26 and develop technical leadership skills across the bank
- Provide guidance and oversight to multiple teams delivering a variety of products, being key in new product kick-offs to gain a deep understanding of what we're shipping
- Align product and service architectures to maintain a strong level of consistency of Cross-Functional Requirements (particularly championing operational requirements such as automated deployments, monitoring, logging)
- Structure teams to ensure there is capacity to work on larger architectural redesign to meet scalability, performance, security or compliance needs
- Spread architectural, technical and domain knowledge across teams, conducting systematic reviews to track progress of engineers learnings
What you will bring along
- Demonstrated leadership experience, across projects and people, with a natural aptitude and passion for growing and developing high-performing teams
- Deep knowledge of architecturally-heavy systems, including designing, implementing and evolving these system constraints
- Previous experience working in a cloud-based environment
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, including communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Track record of planning and implementing Continuous Delivery pipelines and a natural aptitude for conveying the concept of Continuous Delivery to a wider organisation
- A pragmatic individual, who knows when to be hands-on and enjoys taking the lead in challenging situations
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- The opportunity to lead multiple teams delivering cutting-edge products
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Exciting challenges as we scale our engineering teams
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.