We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We redesigned the banking experience to be simple, fast and contemporary. Founded in 2013 by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal, N26 has more than 380 employees and more than 1 million customers in 17 countries. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
Why Is This Role Important For N26’s Work?
The Product Designer at N26 is a passionate and experienced creator taking full responsibility for the entire experience of major product projects. This role is fundamental for our entire business because you’ll be working hand-in-hand with the Product Owner and the feature team to take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and enjoyable experiences for our customers.
Once Here You Will:
- Lead design strategy for several work-streams within one of the company’s most meaningful pillars
- Steer and lead the Product Design team, collaborating with other designers to make their work and the whole team better
- Support and lead your product team by applying your craft: conceptual design, research, prototyping, detailed design, usability testing and implementation
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Mentor and inspire designers, give and solicit feedback in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Leading the hiring process influence major decisions
What You'll Bring Along
- 7+ years experience as product designer in an experience-led team
- You have a long track record of applying research insights to design
- Strong understanding of product owner needs
- Confidence and passion to be an excellent communicator
- Your own ideas and dreams of banking in the future
- Strong sense for details and when to take care of them
- Strong portfolio that showcases your skills
- Good storytelling and presentation experience
- History of self-initiated projects
What Makes You, You
- You use empathy in your communication with all stakeholders
- Your insatiable affinity for the latest trends in technology and great design
- Your attention to detail doesn’t prevent you from shipping with confidence
- You are an expert in articulating design decisions
- You are a collaborator and know how to bring others along
- You expect autonomy and that it comes with responsibilities
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Excitement for N26 – you signed up and used the product before
- You are incredibly proactive and optimistic
How We Help You To Succeed
The Design team at N26 is a place like no other. Besides the usual perks of a successful start-up environment, you’ll work in a very close and motivated team that understands its purpose as being the glue between Product, Engineering and Marketing. We are a tight community that works hard and celebrates successes together, encouraging everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We respect the need for work-life balance and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
How To Apply For This Role
If your heart beats for great design, creating memorable experiences, and you enjoy working in a hyper growth environment, submit your CV and cover letter. Please also provide a portfolio that shows a range of product experiences you’ve created and outline your role and process. We also encourage you to highlight the work you’re most proud of and indicate your excitement through your application.
We are looking forward to hear from you!